E-leven bankrupt (thread in english)

Discussion sur le provider E-leven

Message par The_king » 08 Sep 2008 15:19

idnak a écrit :Hi guys,
just a quick question for you: my contract with e-leven will expire in ten days, and I am still thinking to move on to Dommel. I was wondering if any of you in the same situation was contacted by e-leven to, for instance, give back the rented modem or something like that.

I did not rent the modem, I bought it.
I you rent it, you will have to give it back.
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 192

Message par Free Mind » 08 Sep 2008 15:32

just a quick question for you: my contract with e-leven will expire in ten days, and I am still thinking to move on to Dommel. I was wondering if any of you in the same situation was contacted by e-leven to, for instance, give back the rented modem or something like that.

You have exactly one day to write to E-Leven and notify them that you don't wish the contract to be automatically reconducted. ;-)

Check out art. 6 of the general conditions. Otherwise you're in for another couple of months. ;-)
Virtutes cernuntur in agendo
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 1344

Message par idnak » 08 Sep 2008 15:36

Free Mind: thanks ALOT for this reply.
Believe it or not I was NOT given any copy of the contract. And when once calling for some technical issues I asked to have one I was told that you needed to send them a formal request or something like that!
I definitely have to pass by their shop here in Leuven (which is closed on Saturdays) to talk to someone. In the webpage there is no phone number for calling, just a bunch of email addresses.
Thanks again.

The_king: could I ask you how much you paid for the modem at that time? I paid my 50e of 'caution', which I assume I will get back when I return it.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 26

Message par Free Mind » 08 Sep 2008 16:16

idnak a écrit :Free Mind: thanks ALOT for this reply.
Believe it or not I was NOT given any copy of the contract. And when once calling for some technical issues I asked to have one I was told that you needed to send them a formal request or something like that!
I definitely have to pass by their shop here in Leuven (which is closed on Saturdays) to talk to someone. In the webpage there is no phone number for calling, just a bunch of email addresses.
Thanks again.

Idnak: for the contacts: http://www.e-leven.be/content.php?menu_id=82&lvl1_id=82

Tel n° 0900 88 114 as you have been taken over by FBN (same guys, different name). 50 cts per minute.

And for the general conditions (there are general conditions for this type of contract), they are available on the site of E-Leven: http://www.e-leven.be/pdf/cond_gen_res.pdf.

They were available on the web page with the different offers, when you select "more info".
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message par idnak » 08 Sep 2008 16:46

Free_mind: thanks again.
I left work early and just wanted to check if the shop was open, but of course it isn't (I assume due to the Kermis in town).
I just realized that I have had several issues with E-leven:
-It took about a month, from the day I signed the contract (read: I paid them 435eur CASH) to the day I actually could get the modem from them and my line was working (another 50eur for the rental of the modem)
-In at least 3 times I lost my connection for long periods (on average a week)
-Finally in the last July through August I didn't have the conneciton anymore.
I am really disappointed with this ISP, especially their customer care sucks. I hope the new people are offering better conditions.
Thanks for your support, guys.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 09 Sep 2008 14:52

UPDATE: finally I managed to speak to the guy in E-leven shop of Leuven. Everything should be clear, and to be honest I might re-consider and stay one more year with them (what are the odds of the same company to go bankrupt twice?! :D). Seems like the kotnet(+extras) offer could beat Dommel (especially as I would not need all the installations and extra expensese).
I have time to decide, and finally a phone number to contact them directly!
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par The_king » 09 Sep 2008 15:24

idnak a écrit :Free Mind: thanks ALOT for this reply.
Thanks again.

The_king: could I ask you how much you paid for the modem at that time? I paid my 50e of 'caution', which I assume I will get back when I return it.

I did not buy the modem to e-leven, I couldn't say how much it cost me. Something like 69€ (I think) at Carrefour.
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 192

Message par Free Mind » 09 Sep 2008 16:52

idnak a écrit :UPDATE: finally I managed to speak to the guy in E-leven shop of Leuven. Everything should be clear, and to be honest I might re-consider and stay one more year with them (what are the odds of the same company to go bankrupt twice?! :D). Seems like the kotnet(+extras) offer could beat Dommel (especially as I would not need all the installations and extra expensese).
I have time to decide, and finally a phone number to contact them directly!

What's more my friend... Past one year, you can leave them any moment you choose. No one-year contract and fines if you leave earlier. Hence, yes, it might be safer to stay with them.

As to the same company going bankrupt twice... In this case, it is NOT the same company legally.

It is a new company put up with the same guys... And with the same people. ;-) It does not carry over the debts of the former E-Leven, but if they continue being so amateuristic in their finance management, they might end belly up as well. ;-) I'm talking of FBN here, not Destiny, of course. ;-)

Even in that case, it is a safe bet to stay with them (as you're paying on a two-monthly basis, no big losses if they get bankrupt again). Just NEVER pay a full year. :-)

Edit: just don't sign a new contract! You can continue on the former contract indefinitely, unless they end it. ;-)
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message par idnak » 14 Oct 2008 11:09

Hi guys,
my contract with E-leven is officially expired but I cannot get in touch with the shop here in Leuven. Last time I went there the guy gave me this phone number : 016 202750 (which gouden gids recognizes as Free Belgian Network nv Tiensestraat 58 3000 Leuven).
I simply do not want to go there and find out that the shop it's closed or noone is there. Can anyone help me with this?
For instance: is there an E-leven/FBN shop in Brussels I could try and contact?

Are Leuven clients of E-leven also on Belcenter now or something?
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Free Mind » 14 Oct 2008 11:24

my contract with E-leven is officially expired but I cannot get in touch with the shop here in Leuven. Last time I went there the guy gave me this phone number : 016 202750 (which gouden gids recognizes as Free Belgian Network nv Tiensestraat 58 3000 Leuven).
I simply do not want to go there and find out that the shop it's closed or noone is there. Can anyone help me with this?
For instance: is there an E-leven/FBN shop in Brussels I could try and contact?

Are Leuven clients of E-leven also on Belcenter now or something?

I don't recall if your connection is a DSL 2+ connection or a simple DSL 1. If it is a DSL2+, you stay with FBN (they bought the clients of the late E-Leven). If you have a simple DSL connection then you have been moved over to Belcenter. But in that case you would have received a letter informing you of the changes.

Oh, to end your contract, there is no need to go to the shop or the offices; just send them a registered letter at least 7 days before the expiration of your two-month period.
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message par Coren » 14 Oct 2008 11:30

That phone number is correct. I used it to contact them not so long ago. If they don't reply, they're most likely closed (they seem to be closed at random unnanounced times quite often).

Anyway, whether or not you're with Belcenter depends on the formula you had with E-leven. ADSL/ADLS2+ etc.
There's a thread in French on this forum clarifying the whole takeover business.

In other news: when I dropped by the store last week the girl there, on seeing that my contract would expire on Oct 25th, asked me if I wanted to renew my contract with them for a year. I obviously told her to bugger off (in a friendly way).
So just in case it happens to anyone else, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN A NEW 1-YEAR CONTRACT to stay with E-leven another year. According to E-leven's terms of service, after the first contractual year is over the contract is automatically prolonged for periods of two months at a time (which makes sense since you pay them every two months). You do not have any obligations beyond these two months, and don't let E-leven convince you to sign a new 1-year contract. Considering how much trouble we've been having this last year that would pretty much be suicide.

And sice we're talking: has anyone in the Leuven area on ADSL2+ noticed immense slowdowns at certain times of the day? The E-leven salesperson gave me the predictable excuse that there are a lot of students logging on at the same time and clogging up the intertubes, but I've been on ADSL2+ in Leuven for a year now and I've never had this problem before...
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 76

Message par idnak » 14 Oct 2008 12:00

First of all: you guys are great!
Secondly: my contract (as I read from the only piece of paper I have from e-leven) says I have
-Kotnet individual (195eur)
-Upgrade 4m "speedboost" (120eur)
-Upgrade unlimited (120eur)
and the rental of modem.

I am still thinking to stay some more with e-leven, provided they dont ask stupid costs for activation or things like that.
Will try to call the shop in a random mode. Hopefully at some point someone will answer. I wonder what my contract has been upgraded into!
Also is there a system to see the quota of download you use with e-leven? I see the limit for the Kotnet is 30Gb...
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Free Mind » 14 Oct 2008 12:06

Coren a écrit :That phone number is correct. I used it to contact them not so long ago. If they don't reply, they're most likely closed (they seem to be closed at random unnanounced times quite often).

Anyway, whether or not you're with Belcenter depends on the formula you had with E-leven. ADSL/ADLS2+ etc.
There's a thread in French on this forum clarifying the whole takeover business.

In other news: when I dropped by the store last week the girl there, on seeing that my contract would expire on Oct 25th, asked me if I wanted to renew my contract with them for a year. I obviously told her to bugger off (in a friendly way).
So just in case it happens to anyone else, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN A NEW 1-YEAR CONTRACT to stay with E-leven another year. According to E-leven's terms of service, after the first contractual year is over the contract is automatically prolonged for periods of two months at a time (which makes sense since you pay them every two months). You do not have any obligations beyond these two months, and don't let E-leven convince you to sign a new 1-year contract. Considering how much trouble we've been having this last year that would pretty much be suicide.

And sice we're talking: has anyone in the Leuven area on ADSL2+ noticed immense slowdowns at certain times of the day? The E-leven salesperson gave me the predictable excuse that there are a lot of students logging on at the same time and clogging up the intertubes, but I've been on ADSL2+ in Leuven for a year now and I've never had this problem before...

Not in Leuven myself, but the explanation is credible, especially as there are new clients being taken over the DSL 2+ infrastructure.

And yes, you especially don't want to sign a new contract. We must've answered at the same time. ;-)
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message par Free Mind » 14 Oct 2008 14:59

Got a confirmation from Belcenter: you are still with FBN. ;-)
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message par idnak » 16 Oct 2008 09:28

I finally got somebody to pick up the phone in e-leven shop.
Apparently they are open ONE DAY A WEEK! Anyway I asked him if I could renew my Kotnet (10M with a 30Gb quota per month at 295eur per year) without having to pay the whole thing in once. He said he was not sure if this was possible and will check that and let me know.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 12 Jan 2009 10:18

UPDATE: as of a whole week I have no line.
I was informed last week that someone should come to my place to install a 'new line' (are they quitting Belgacom or something?).
I'll wait till the new line is installed, and THEN I hope I won't have to steal a random wi-fi...
It takes patience.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 12 Jan 2009 13:09

idnak a écrit :UPDATE: as of a whole week I have no line.
I was informed last week that someone should come to my place to install a 'new line' (are they quitting Belgacom or something?).
I'll wait till the new line is installed, and THEN I hope I won't have to steal a random wi-fi...
It takes patience.

You're not alone. Been two weeks in my case, and I didn't even get a date yet (How did you get informed that someone would come over?)

I signed with Telenet and cancelled my line starting the end of March, but in the meantime I'd like my Internet back. (And no, no WiFi here :( )
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 76

Message par idnak » 12 Jan 2009 13:33

omg! I am sorry to hear that.
I was informed by phone. I guess it might have to do with the fact that I had called Eleven shop in Leuven few days before to complain.

Coren a écrit :
idnak a écrit :UPDATE: as of a whole week I have no line.
It takes patience.

You're not alone. Been two weeks in my case, and I didn't even get a date yet (How did you get informed that someone would come over?)

I signed with Telenet and cancelled my line starting the end of March, but in the meantime I'd like my Internet back. (And no, no WiFi here :( )
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 14 Jan 2009 15:09

Ok so everything now seems to work normally (I am a little afraid to say so...).
As for the little insight I got from the technician, he said Scarlet bought E-leven and Belgacom bought Scarlet...
If it makes any sense.

Coren: try and call the E-leven shop in Leuven and ask them about your case.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Free Mind » 21 Jan 2009 23:48

Ah, so now Scarlet bought E-Leven?! That's one explanation. The other being that they are sub-letting a Scarlet line.

Instead it's true that BGC bought back Scarlet.
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers E-leven