E-leven bankrupt (thread in english)

Discussion sur le provider E-leven

Message par idnak » 05 Août 2008 09:12

Just a little update: here in Leuven, me being a former speedboost-4M e-leven client, I completely lost any signal of any line in my modem. I will leave for holidays soon, so I will keep an eye on this forum for update and at the end of the month will try to find a new provider.
Thanks you all for all the info you share.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 26

Message par The_king » 05 Août 2008 09:14

idnak a écrit :Just a little update: here in Leuven, me being a former speedboost-4M e-leven client, I completely lost any signal of any line in my modem. I will leave for holidays soon, so I will keep an eye on this forum for update and at the end of the month will try to find a new provider.

I would advice you to find a new ISP before going on vacation, that way you should have your new connection by when you'll be back :wink:
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 192

Message par idnak » 05 Août 2008 09:17

The_king a écrit :I would advice you to find a new ISP before going on vacation, that way you should have your new connection by when you'll be back :wink:

that means it's kind of hopeless to still wait for some sort of miracle and e-leven clients in Leuven to be transferred to another provider? (like it seems it's happening in Bruxelles according to another thread)
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par The_king » 05 Août 2008 09:22

idnak a écrit :
The_king a écrit :I would advice you to find a new ISP before going on vacation, that way you should have your new connection by when you'll be back :wink:

that means it's kind of hopeless to still wait for some sort of miracle and e-leven clients in Leuven to be transferred to another provider? (like it seems it's happening in Bruxelles according to another thread)

I don't trust 'em anymore! On Thursday that will be two weeks since I am without a connection. I am leaving.
My line is still ON but my account seems to be blocked. :roll:
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 05 Août 2008 09:48

idnak a écrit :Just a little update: here in Leuven, me being a former speedboost-4M e-leven client, I completely lost any signal of any line in my modem. I will leave for holidays soon, so I will keep an eye on this forum for update and at the end of the month will try to find a new provider.

Strange. I'm an ADSL2+ client in Leuven and I still have my connection... Doesn't make sense, I thought the ADSL1 connections would keep working and the ADSL2+ connections would be shut down, and it seems to be the other way around...
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 76

Message par Desim » 06 Août 2008 08:12

Got some news,

I got a letter in response to my fax.

Basically it tells who bought the assets of E-leven.

At one side it's Free Belgian Network from a former manager of E-leven (Luk van Daele).
On the other side it's NV Destiny with manager Samuel De Wever.

I don't know who bought which part of it but the E-leven infrastructure is now officially bought over (and on track again?).
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 50

Message par Free Mind » 06 Août 2008 10:09

Desim a écrit :Got some news,

I got a letter in response to my fax.

Basically it tells who bought the assets of E-leven.

At one side it's Free Belgian Network from a former manager of E-leven (Luk van Daele).
On the other side it's NV Destiny with manager Samuel De Wever.

I don't know who bought which part of it but the E-leven infrastructure is now officially bought over (and on track again?).

For some weird reason, the DSL 2+ connections on Leuven and Louvain-la-neuve have not been bought by any competitor. From what you're saying the DSL 1 lines may have been bought by Free Belgian Network.

I'm in Brussels, on a DSL 2+ line, everything is fine and I'm enjoying the same level of service.

Too bad for you guys... But I would advise you to move to another provider after a registered mail to E-Leven notifying them that you consider the interruption of service as an unilateral breach of contract.

If you absolutely wish, you can give them seven days to restore your connection and warn them that you will consider them in breach after those seven days.

A registered mail or a fax to both, E-Leven and the "curatrice" are very important, to keep a proof of your having done things according to the rules. ;-)
Virtutes cernuntur in agendo
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 1344

Message par Desim » 06 Août 2008 10:31

Free Mind a écrit :Too bad for you guys... But I would advise you to move to another provider after a registered mail to E-Leven notifying them that you consider the interruption of service as an unilateral breach of contract.

If you absolutely wish, you can give them seven days to restore your connection and warn them that you will consider them in breach after those seven days.

A registered mail or a fax to both, E-Leven and the "curatrice" are very important, to keep a proof of your having done things according to the rules. ;-)

Not ... so .... fast.....
I just got the lawyer of the Bankruptcy (Me Mollekens) on the phone. It seems I annoyed her a bit but what she told is kind of contradicting with what I heard so far.

FBN bought over all the network including adsl2+ in Leuven and other parts that Destiny didn't bought over.

So... what now? Did she lie to me or are your informations outdated?
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 50

Message par Coren » 06 Août 2008 11:25

Desim a écrit :
Free Mind a écrit :Too bad for you guys... But I would advise you to move to another provider after a registered mail to E-Leven notifying them that you consider the interruption of service as an unilateral breach of contract.

Not ... so .... fast.....
I just got the lawyer of the Bankruptcy (Me Mollekens) on the phone. It seems I annoyed her a bit but what she told is kind of contradicting with what I heard so far.

FBN bought over all the network including adsl2+ in Leuven and other parts that Destiny didn't bought over.

So... what now? Did she lie to me or are your informations outdated?

If the "curatrice" told you this, I suppose it's the most up-to-date information we have. It would also explain why my connection (ADSL2+, Leuven) still hasn't died.

However, Free Mind may still be right. If not giving you a connection for a week isn't bad enough, going bankrupt certainly is a mistake that could justify you canceling your contract. I'm not a lawyer, though, so I don't know for sure, but it seems likely.
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message par Free Mind » 06 Août 2008 11:41

Coren a écrit :
However, Free Mind may still be right. If not giving you a connection for a week isn't bad enough, going bankrupt certainly is a mistake that could justify you canceling your contract. I'm not a lawyer, though, so I don't know for sure, but it seems likely.

Normally, from her entrance in function, the curatrice had to decide immediately if she continued the execution of the contract or not (art. 46 of the Belgian bankruptcy act).

If there is no echo, then you can request the curatrice to give you to give you an answer within 15 days. If she does not answer, you can presume the contract was breached.

The default issue being that, if there is no decision by the curatrice within 15 days of her taking up her functions, you can presume the contract to be cancelled. :-)

Full info (French) here:http://www.businessandlaw.be/article55.html
Virtutes cernuntur in agendo
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 1344

Message par idnak » 22 Août 2008 09:39

So what's new? I got back home from holidays and found a letter from e-leven with a 'factuur' for the kotnet connection (something like 160eur). I still have NO internet line in my apartment, so I don't think I will pay anything to them.
So, any news for e-leven in the Leuven area?
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par The_king » 22 Août 2008 09:51

idnak a écrit :So what's new? I got back home from holidays and found a letter from e-leven with a 'factuur' for the kotnet connection (something like 160eur). I still have NO internet line in my apartment, so I don't think I will pay anything to them.
So, any news for e-leven in the Leuven area?

Nothing new neither in Leuven, nor anywhere else. To me e-leven is dead. If they don't send you a post concerning a transfer (to Free Belgian network or Destiny) to make it official, there is no reason to pay a company that does not exist anymore and especially if your connexion is down.
160€ is a huge amount of money! What king of connection do you have (or 'should' you have) ? What period does the bill concern? (a month, 2 months ?)
Try to call them but if you don't have an answer, don't be surprised. If your contract is more than one year old, I would only advice you to leave.
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 22 Août 2008 09:55

Thanks!
Btw: I just checked their webpage http://www.e-leven.be/ and there is new stuff in it, concerning this Kotnet offers.
Still I stay skeptical about e-leven like you.
Thanks again.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 28 Août 2008 10:56

Apparently the e-leven shop in Leuven has opened again!
I am planning on paying them a visit some time soon.
As I said before there appear to be new offers at their webpage but I am considering moving to Dommel (just need to clarify the issue with the Belgacom line).
Just one question for you guys: is it only me, in Leuven, who still doesn't have his line back? All of you got back your normal e-leven network? Please let me know.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 28 Août 2008 11:47

@idnak: I'm in Leuven and I never even lost my ADSL2+ connection. Don't know anyone who had Kotnet through E-leven though.
Good thing the store's back open, I'll have to pay them a visit too. I have to figure out when my contract ends (I'm switching to Dommel too, probably).

I noticed that the newest bill from E-leven said FBN E-leven, so I guess things are just continuing the old way under a new name. Not good news. :(
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 29 Août 2008 08:50

update: ok guys so it seems like I have back my line and internet connection (after all my contract is to expire on Sept 19th). So that's good news. Bad news is I suppose I will drop by to e-leven office and have to give back my modem, so I will need to find a new one for Dommel.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 29 Août 2008 09:43

idnak a écrit :update: ok guys so it seems like I have back my line and internet connection (after all my contract is to expire on Sept 19th). So that's good news. Bad news is I suppose I will drop by to e-leven office and have to give back my modem, so I will need to find a new one for Dommel.

Depending on the formula you intend to choose with Dommel, the Dommel Home Box might be a good solution for you:
http://loveno.be/product/15350
It includes a modem, the activation costs and the first month of Dommel HomeConnect. Regarding the online store I linked you to, Loveno is located in Leuven (Naamsestraat), so you might even save on shipping if you go pick it up there...
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 29 Août 2008 15:26

@Coren:
thanks ALOT for all this info and detail. I am thinking to go for a Cityconnect offer, although not entire sure yet. Homeconnect is surely appealing.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 29 Août 2008 17:23

idnak a écrit :@Coren:
thanks ALOT for all this info and detail. I am thinking to go for a Cityconnect offer, although not entire sure yet. Homeconnect is surely appealing.

I'm still hesitating between CityConnect and HomeConnect too. I still have two months to go with E-leven so I still have time to think about it :p I've been researching already, though...

I'm not sure, but it does seem like Cityconnect Plus and Homeconnect are basically the same thing when you live in Leuven (concerning speed and volume). Only for Cityconnect you get a fixed IP (handy if you want to set up your own server) but on the downside you also need a Belgacom line (Min. 10€ extra per month. If you choose not to get one, you have to pay Dommel 13€ extra, so you'd be paying 48€, not 35€ per month). HomeConnect also has the VoIP phone feature, which is a lot cheaper than regular calls but I have no idea what the quality is like... Maybe you could ask people in the Dommel forum?

Anyway, if the speeds of HomeConnect are the same as CityConnect Plus I think I'll go with HomeConnect. The price difference is only 2€ after all, and those I'd easily recuperate using VoIP instead of my mobile phone...
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 08 Sep 2008 15:15

Hi guys,
just a quick question for you: my contract with e-leven will expire in ten days, and I am still thinking to move on to Dommel. I was wondering if any of you in the same situation was contacted by e-leven to, for instance, give back the rented modem or something like that.
idnak
Membre
Membre

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers E-leven