E-leven bankrupt (thread in english)

Discussion sur le provider E-leven

E-leven bankrupt (thread in english)

Message par idnak » 25 Juil 2008 11:31

Hello there,
I would like to start a thread in English here.
I am a student in Leuven (but I am not belgian) and I would like to ask for help on this silly situation. I paid my contract with E-leven for 1 year in november 2007, and I had to pay for the whole year (maybe I should've suspect something...).
If you could please give me suggestions of what to do now, I'd appreciate.
Thanks alot.
A.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 26

Message par Desim » 25 Juil 2008 11:49

Hi idnak,

I'm student in Leuven too. I've just (2-3 weeks ago) ordered a contract with E-leven.
What we know is that a part of e-leven has already a buyer and that this part will benefit a normal service (no changes of contracts). The thing is, we don't know for sure yet if leuven is in the "good" part of the E-leven Network. It'll be waiting a bit until things clear up a bit.

If you still have internet after 4 august, then you'll be a lucky guy (gal?).

Anyway, what is sure is that you will not be paid back...
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 50

Message par idnak » 25 Juil 2008 14:32

Thanks for the reply. So I shall wait till beginning of August to see if something starts to work again. And I will follow this forum so please share the news when you have some.
oh and I was not thinking to actually get the money back, I am not that naive :)
A.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par ovh » 25 Juil 2008 16:00

Please try not to open multiple threads on the same subject :
http://forum.adsl-bc.org/viewtopic.php?t=48968
ovh
Dix mille
Dix mille

Message(s) : 10921

Message par The_king » 25 Juil 2008 16:37

Hi!

Do you still have a connexion ? I do not have a connexion anymore. The thing is that I don't know if it is a technical problem or if my connexion have simply been shut down :roll: I have not been warned of anything! I am a bit stuck here cause I don't know if I still have a contract or not (with E-leven or another company), that means that I cannot just leave and start a new contract.
It really annoys me that they would simply shut down my line without notice, but as I have already said, it would not surprise me since I have not received any post nor any bill from them for about a year!
I think I will just leave and go away... at least I would have had a free internet connexion for almost a year :wink:
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 192

Message par ksmouter » 26 Juil 2008 10:18

Heehee, time for a lesson in English spelling :)

It's connection, not connexion.
------
Belgacom Skynet customer until February 2008
E-Leven - jamais repondu a ma demande de connexion
Happy Dommel Netconnect customer starting February 2008, suivi par Homeconnect en Septembre 2008
Demenagement - Numericable Aout 2009
ksmouter
Habitué
Habitué

Message(s) : 892

Message par coolcat » 26 Juil 2008 11:59

ksmouter a écrit :Heehee, time for a lesson in English spelling :)

It's connection, not connexion.

Yes, connexion it's french :leffe: :lol:
Internet Intense - VDSL2 - Belgacom TV HD - I-Talk / Visitez http://belgacomtv.hesamedia.be/ (pilotes, manuels, utilisation, astuces, photos...)
ImageImageImageImageImage
coolcat
Vieux Caillou
Vieux Caillou

Message(s) : 9979

Message par Desim » 27 Juil 2008 13:50

ovh a écrit :Please try not to open multiple threads on the same subject :
http://forum.adsl-bc.org/viewtopic.php?t=48968

Your subject is about billings, not about bankruptcy, even if you glide to that subject. Keeping talking about eleven's bankruptcy on your thread would be very unfriendly for people looking for info on the web about all this.

Thanks for trying to inform us though

Idnak, since E-leven is declared bankrupt, the clauses in the contract allow you to stop you contract with E-leven untill the new owner has bought everything back (that makes untill 4 august I think, act quickly...).
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 28 Juil 2008 08:33

Thanks for the reply, Desim.
I am waiting for this famous 4th of August to see what happen.
Meanwhile I am looking around for alternative providers (telenet, clearwire, belgacom... what else is there in Leuven?).
Yesterday I found back my receipt from when I did my e-leven contract and in total I paid 485eur (435 for the connection and 50 for the modem); my contract would last till September so at the end I think I would not lose that much money, and I get to keep the modem! (I suppose).
I notice that some of you were paying bills at e-leven, why was I asked to pay the whole amount at once? (if there is an answer to this).
Also: anyone thinking to go and sue e-leven or something? (although it'd probably be a waste of time...)

to The_king: no, my connection died something like a week ago, without warning or anything.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par The_king » 28 Juil 2008 08:56

idnak a écrit :Thanks for the reply, Desim.
Meanwhile I am looking around for alternative providers (telenet, clearwire, belgacom... what else is there in Leuven?).
Yesterday I found back my receipt from when I did my e-leven contract and in total I paid 485eur (435 for the connection and 50 for the modem); my contract would last till September so at the end I think I would not lose that much money, and I get to keep the modem! (I suppose).
I notice that some of you were paying bills at e-leven, why was I asked to pay the whole amount at once? (if there is an answer to this).
Also: anyone thinking to go and sue e-leven or something? (although it'd probably be a waste of time...)

to The_king: no, my connection died something like a week ago, without warning or anything.

If you paid all at once that is probably because you chosed to pay for the all year. There was a discount of 5% I think. Otherwise, it was a two-months bill.

If you are looking for a new provider that offers ADSL 2+, I think there is an interesting offer with edpnet: http://www.edpnet.be/cms.aspx?S=edpnetproductsadsl
Adsl Max 24 Dyn: 24 Mbps for 39.95 a month, no traffic limit.
The_king
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 192

Message par Desim » 28 Juil 2008 09:13

idnak a écrit :Thanks for the reply, Desim.

Hey idnak,

for internet subscriptions (and also TV), they kind of like to make foreigners pay in advance, they just can't trust them all (= not paying the 3 last months and then dissapear back in their country before they can sue you...). I'm not saying you are doing this, but some foreigners would.

Sueing e-leven is a loss of energy I think since they are declared bankrupt, they are protected against a lot of accusations.

Since you have paid everything untill september, you're more than free to look for another provider (especially if you are without Internet after 4 august). But if you still have internet after that date, it would be wiser to wait until the end of your initial contract and then order a new cobbection.

I'd like to recommend also Dommel as an alternative Internet provider together with EDPNet, altough the first one is a bit cheaper (13+35 vs 12+40), I think the latter one is maybe more reliable... only the future will tell
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message par ksmouter » 28 Juil 2008 11:24

I can definetely recommend Dommel as an excellent service provider. It offers your Belgacom stability with a cut-throat price which is a very good thing.

If you're in Leuven, you're also amongst the lucky few who can benefit from Dommel's Cityconnect network which gives you ADSL2+ speeds.

Big thumbs up for them on my part.
------
Belgacom Skynet customer until February 2008
E-Leven - jamais repondu a ma demande de connexion
Happy Dommel Netconnect customer starting February 2008, suivi par Homeconnect en Septembre 2008
Demenagement - Numericable Aout 2009
ksmouter
Habitué
Habitué

Message(s) : 892

Message par GutsCrush3R » 28 Juil 2008 11:54

If you live in Leuven, Dommel's Cityconnect Plus is definately the choice to go.
A 24Mbits/3Mbits connection, with unlimited dl/ul, access to 200 days retention newsgroups (which are unlimited too), for 34€/month.
I can't see anything compete with that. And certainly not the edpnet offer.
GutsCrush3R
Habitué
Habitué

Message(s) : 852

Message par CarpeNoctum » 30 Juil 2008 10:04

Nonetheless, I still don't understand what is going on with them. As I explained in another thread I have been sent a bill that I owe money that I have already paied. I am trying to reach them on the phone on the "facturation" line but nobody ever picks up. I don't understand how they can be bankrupt, send outrageous bills and not pick up the phone.

And let's suppose that I want to iterrupt my connection with e-leven as someone suggested that we can do now that they are bankrupt. How am I supposed to do that when there is no feasible way of communicating with them???

By the way, I live in Saint Gilles, Brussels and I am still connected. That means that I will keep having a connection after the 4th of August? And what happens then? Who bought e-leven? Could you explain a little bit further for us who don't speak very good French please? thank you in advance.
CarpeNoctum
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message(s) : 4

Message par Desim » 30 Juil 2008 10:23

Hi CarpeNoctum

You should send a fax to the person in charge of the debts of E-leven, they are the bosses until E-leven is bought back.

The number is: 02 377 33 23

I got this number via Test-Achats/Test-Aankoop, a service who tries to protect the consumer rights. Write a letter to this 'curatrice' and tell them your problem, they should answer you shortly. Also, sending a fax provides you with a physical proof that you sent them something.
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message par CarpeNoctum » 30 Juil 2008 10:37

Thanks Desim. I sent the fax. Let's see what happens.
CarpeNoctum
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message(s) : 4

Message par Desim » 30 Juil 2008 12:13

CarpeNoctum a écrit :Thanks Desim. I sent the fax. Let's see what happens.

Keep us informed of what you'll get back. :wink:
Desim
Membre
Membre

Message par idnak » 04 Août 2008 08:13

4th of August has arrived! If anyone's got news, please share.
idnak
Membre
Membre

Message par Coren » 04 Août 2008 08:23

idnak a écrit :4th of August has arrived! If anyone's got news, please share.

Well, I'm still here, twenty minutes past the start of office hours, even though I'm on ADSL2+ in Leuven which supposedly wasn't taken over by an other company.

Maybe BGC just haven't gotten around to cutting us off yet...
Coren
Membre
Membre

Message(s) : 76

Message par Free Mind » 04 Août 2008 10:15

CarpeNoctum a écrit :Thanks Desim. I sent the fax. Let's see what happens.

Normally the safest way of ending a contract is through registered mail... But actually the main issue is evidencing that the other party actually received the communication. So, if you have a fax receipt, it should be sufficient evidence.
Virtutes cernuntur in agendo
Free Mind
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 1344

Suivant

Retour vers E-leven