FRITZBOX 7490 no PROXIMUS TV, Which settings are correct?

Si vous avez un problème ou une solution à un problème ou une astuce avec ce type de modem, postez donc l'info ici

Modérateur: Barbapapa

FRITZBOX 7490 no PROXIMUS TV, Which settings are correct?

Message par beyreuth » 10 Mars 2017 13:25

Hello to everybody,
I want to first apologize to write in English. Unfortunately my French is not sufficient in writing. Reading and understanding French is indeed better.
My question:
Last week I bought the FRITZBOX 7490 (intern. Version) and after two days painful attempts I got Internet connection. No idea what was the reason not to get immediately internet connection.
Settings (actually in DE language: Belgium, Proximus with TV, Annex B.

My problem: as soon I connect the Proximus decoder to Wlan 3 or 4 the internet connection disappears immediately and there is no TV.
Could somebody help, how to get the Proximus TV working?
The other problem is: after all exercises I again tried to connect the BBOX 3 but there was no internet. The technical support of Proximus came the next day and did HARD RESET of BBOX 3 and there was again Internet!!! The explanation of the service man was, if the BBOX 3 is disconnected for some minutes we need to make a hard reset in order to again get internet!!! I am not an expert but find this explanation strange. If I leave my mobile ½ hour without battery supply I mist NOT reset it in order to get it working.
Would be very grateful for all advices, in French, English or even Dutch) how to get the Proximus TV working. Would a change of Annex B to Annex A help?
My best thanks for your help.
beyreuth
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message(s) : 2

Re: FRITZBOX 7490 no PROXIMUS TV, Which settings are correct

Message par AndyHe » 10 Mars 2017 18:07

Hi beyreuth,
I'm using FB 7490 behind the bbox3 because of Netflix. If you don't have/need Netflix, you can connect the FB directly to the proximus cable, thus without bbox3, and Proximus tv will be working.
Without the bbox3 the easiest way is by the wizzard. First check if you have the latest firmware 06.52, System => set the language, country and proximus as provider (better avoid proximus tv), just follow the wizzard, select Annex B (but it seems A is working too !?) or Internet => settings => internet access => select provider proximus.
Here are my settings (using bbox3): First check if you have the latest firmware 06.52, System => set language and country Belgium, Select Proximus instead of proximus tv, Internet => access select existing access via LAN, you may connect the decoder to LAN
ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.749 ... e/english/
More details about FB 7490: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88912&start=520
Enjoy :)
AndyHe
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 3455

Message par philippe_d » 11 Mars 2017 09:51

Regarding Firmwares
  • the latest - offcially approved - Firmware for Belgium is OS 06.31: ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.749 ... e/belgium/
  • the OS 06.52 also works, pending approval. However this Firmware is not available anymore on the AVM website. OS 06.52 will be available again in the Folder "Belgium", as soon as approved.
  • the latest Firmware (OS 06.80) is not approved at all, but we have found that it will work, but only of you have ticked the option to "use previous DSL driver" (Vorherige DSL-Version verwenden) in the menu DSL > DSL Informationen > Störsicherheit. DSL driver should be 1.100.133.44
Regarding Settings for Proximus TV:
  • Firmare OS 06.31 (or previous versions):
    • Internet provider = "Proximus": no support for Proximus TV, internet on LAN1 - LAN4
    • Internet provider = "Proximus + TV": Internet on LAN 1+2, Proximus TV on LAN 3+4
  • Firmare OS 06.52 (and later):
    • Internet provider = "Proximus": Proximus TV dynamic bridge: internet + IPTV on all ports (LAN1 - LAN4).
    • Internet provider = "Proximus + TV": Internet on LAN 1+2, Proximus TV on LAN 3+4
In case you have problems with LAN4:
    Enable Guest access on LAN4, then disable Guest access on LAN4 (known bug and workaround) in Heimnetz > Heimnetzübersicht > Netzwerkeinstellungen > Gastzugang für LAN 4 aktiv
Regarding B-box3:
    Hard reset is not necessary each time the Bbox is disconnected
    The hard reset (or the soft "reset to factory default") triggers the ZTC (zero touch configuration), in which case the logon credentials are pushed to the modem by Proximus.
Groeten,
Philippe.

VoIP: WeePee (numéros fixes portés), Sipgate.de, Sipgate.co.uk, MegaVoip (sortant BE).
Provider: Proximus "Start" (60/4 mbps down/up).
Modem/Router: Fritz!Box 7590 int, FW 154.07.28, VDSL2/vectoring, Annex A, sync 100/35, native IPv6 (Proximus).
Telefoon centrale: Euracom 181 derrière FritzBox So.
TV: Telenet CI+, Fritz!DVB-C, Kodi (VRTNu, VTMGo).
philippe_d
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 1647

Message par beyreuth » 14 Mars 2017 11:07

Thanks a lot AndyHe and Philippe for your quick replies and advice,
I answer only now as I was away for couple of days and couldn't try to configure the Fritzbox 7490. Hope this week there will be a little bit time for this. As I understand many people in the forum were successful in getting Proximus Internet AND Proximus TV. Always I connect the decoder lan cable to lan 3 or lan 4 of the Fritzbox the internet is disconnected! Firmware is 6.31, Annex B and Proximus + TV. All correct, I think. But no TV!
Philippe, You speak about using the Fritzbox together with the BBOx3, or I understand you wrong. My wish is to use ONLY the Fritzbox for Internet and Proximus TV, if possible. Is this possible?
And I see now in the answer of AndyHe as regards Netflix. We have netflix the second year for the kids mainly and it would be nice if netflix works only with the Fritzbox 7490. Otherwise would be gratefull to know what and how should I configurate BBox 3 and the Fritzbox in order to use them together.

Many thanks again for your help
beyreuth
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message(s) : 2

Message par AndyHe » 14 Mars 2017 15:26

You cannot have Netflix without the bbox3. This is for sure. Thus connect the FB behind it.
AndyHe
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 3455

Retour vers Routeur/Adsl