Speedtouch USB and Skynet 3.3Mbps

Comme l'Alcatel SpeedTouch USB ou l'Eicon Diva par exemple ... c'est ici

Modérateur: Barbapapa

Speedtouch USB and Skynet 3.3Mbps

Message par Stella » 08 Oct 2004 06:52

Hi,

Does some one manage to surf with 3.3 Mbps with the Speedtouch USB modem (and XP Pro) via Skynet? Whatever I do I stay at 1.1 although the tech service tested the line and claimed that I should be surfing at 3.3 ???? I have tried my modem with different PCs, but ... nada.

Any suggestions?
Cheers! :bier:
Stella
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message(s) : 3

Message par Clandestino » 08 Oct 2004 08:11

Hi,

I've owned the Speedtouch USB modem -- before I recently changed for a Belkin DSL WiFi modem/router -- and I've been able to surf at 3.3Mbps for at least 2 years without any problem.

Question may sound dumb but did you tried to upgrade your drivers to their latest version?

In order to determine if the modem is the node of the problem you also may want to try another USB model first (in case you can get one by your friends...)

Cheers,
Clandestino
Clandestino
Habitué
Habitué

Message(s) : 980

Message par BlCa` » 08 Oct 2004 12:13

Either belgacom made a mistake and you are too far from your local exchange. Or, maybe your in-house phone wiring isn't state of the art ^^. U could try unpluging all phones on the line, use a short phone cable for the modem; the shorter, the better. Also try to connect the modem on the very first plug on the line... If any of those help, then your phone cabling should be checked.

The ST usb itself can synchronize at speeds up to 8Mb. Anyway, use these latest drivers and see if it helps. http://speedtouch.com/download/drivers/ ... .0.1.2.zip
BlCa`
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 2169

Message par Stella » 08 Oct 2004 13:03

Hi,

I remember that at one point in time I was able to surf with 3.3 ... for about 3 days, that's why I assume that it can not be the installation but must either be related to Belgacom changing something or a huge number of people in my street suddenly subscribing to ADSL
.... And now I am thinking anyway to switch to an ethernet modem with router 8) and we will see.

PS. I installed the latest driver
Cheers, :bier:
Stella
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par BlCa` » 08 Oct 2004 15:10

Well, that issue looks belgacom related. Maybe you could send a private message to Shiny or bugs24 and ask em for help (they both work at bgc). They may help you if they aren't too busy.
BlCa`
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 2169

Message par bugs24 » 09 Oct 2004 16:59

BlCa` a écrit :Well, that issue looks belgacom related. Maybe you could send a private message to Shiny or bugs24 and ask em for help (they both work at bgc). They may help you if they aren't too busy.

i got a private message for this guy so i will work on it.

bugs24 "tuuutuut"

PS : wouaiiiiii chuis quasi billingue, nan plus, faut ajouter le borain et le belgacom ( des fois faut savoir décoder les abréviations croyez-moi ) :lol:
bugs24
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 3657

Message par Stella » 10 Oct 2004 17:39

Indeed, Bugs24 found the solution (the ADSL port was programmed for a 1 Mb speed on the Belgacom side). One phone call and knowing what to ask for (to check the port setting) solved the issue.

Thanks to everyone.
Cheers, :bier:
Stella
Nouveau
Nouveau

Message par Bert » 10 Avr 2005 11:03

Hello,

Can you check my configuration port ? I get only 2.2 Mbps/512kbps on my skynet adsl go ... I did check 4 times the filters and the cable, I tried with another computer ... I cant test it with another modem (I dont have 2 modems).... I still get 2.2/512...

PS : français c ok aussi ;)

Thanks for any help
Bert

Message par bugs24 » 10 Avr 2005 17:39

Bert a écrit :Hello,

Can you check my configuration port ? I get only 2.2 Mbps/512kbps on my skynet adsl go ... I did check 4 times the filters and the cable, I tried with another computer ... I cant test it with another modem (I dont have 2 modems).... I still get 2.2/512...

PS : français c ok aussi ;)

Thanks for any help

malgré ma boule de crystal ( héritée de shiny ), je serais bien en peine de faire quelque test que ce soit sans ton n° de téléphone ...

aussi inscris-toi sur le forum car sans ça impossible de m'envoyer ton n° de tel. en privé :evil:

ça ressemble fort à un bridage à 2.2 dans le dslam

à bientôt

bugs24 "tuutuut"
bugs24
Acharné
Acharné

Message(s) : 3657

Retour vers Modems USB